Steve has listened to the concerns of our residents and is responding to their calls for more community policing to curb violence and other crime and prevent drug overdoses.
- In 2022, added more police officers, increased community policing efforts
- Working with the District Attorney, piloted and launched the first Intimate Partner Violence Intervention program which has resulted in fewer domestic violence incidents in Kingston
- In partnership with UC Sheriff, reduced opioid deaths
- Head’s Up Kingston traffic safety campaign
- Kingston Fire department – added all-terrain vehicles using grant money, new fire engines and equipment
- Mobile Mental Health Ambulance Service was launched so that immediate crisis response can be provided to our Kingston residents.