The Quality of Life for our residents means a lot to Steve. As someone who grew up here and now raising a family, Steve wants to ensure that all our residents have access to greenspace, physical activity, local, healthy food and access to healthcare of all types. Steve’s work in this area has allowed the areas in which the City works to grow and through creative partnerships with many not for profits, we have been able to work toward a healthier Kingston.
- Support and Host the LiveWell Kingston Coalition
- Helped to launch Mobile Mental Health program with Kingston Fire Department
- Created a Health and Wellness Department that is working with residents across the spectrum to improve our quality of life
- The City helped create the Kingston Emergency Food Collaborative, which delivered hundreds of meals a week during COVID-19 and continues to deliver dozens of meals each day to our most vulnerable neighbors.
- Support the Kingston Greenline through educational materials and physical improvements.